As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
These Mini Cannoli Bites make the perfect dessert and require very little work to put together! They taste just like a cannoli except they are bite sized!
Looking for a simple bite-sized dessert to make?! These are quick, easy and simple– I made my Dad a Lemon Meringue Pie for Father’s Day on Sunday with Pillsbury® pie crust and I had one roll of pie crust leftover. I love love love using Pillsbury® pie crust because it is so easy and it’s delicious! It also always turns into a perfectly light golden brown crust when it is baked properly. There is also nothing wrong with making your pie crust from scratch of course, it just will take a bit more time.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THESE CANNOLI BITES
Mini chocolate chips
There are only 5 ingredients to make these bites so you should definitely give them a try. They are not too sweet and you can also top these with fresh diced strawberries or cherries. If you like your cannoli filling a little sweeter, add ½ cup of powdered sugar instead of 1/3 cup. The mascarpone cheese is like an Italian cream cheese so it will make your filling extra creamy.
You will probably have extra filling so you can either make more pie cups if you have more pie crust, or you can eat the filling as it is for a dessert or sweet snack. Just scoop into a small bowl add chocolate chips and enjoy! It would also count as low-carb too if you ate it this way 😉
THESE MINI CANNOLI BITES ARE:
- Super easy to make and require only 6 ingredients
- Makes a perfect dessert for any party or occasion
- So delicious and perfectly sweet- they taste just like a real cannoli!
LOOKING FOR OTHER DESSERTS WITH 7 INGREDIENTS OR LESS?
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Mini Cannoli Bites
- 1 premade pie crust; I use Pillsbury’s® pie crust
- 12 oz. whole milk Ricotta Cheese; strained
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips; plus more for topping
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Unroll the pie crust onto a cutting board or clean flat surface. Use a 2 ½ inch round biscuit cutter (or a cup will work if you don’t have a biscuit cutter) and cut out 12 rounds of pie crust. Place rounds in a mini muffin pan. Use your fingers to press the dough to fit the pan.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until pie cups are a light golden brown. Once baked, let cool for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta, mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and mini chocolate chips until combined.
- Spoon in ricotta filling into pie cups OR if you want to make them look extra pretty, scoop filling into a zip-lock bag and cut the tip off. Squeeze filling into pie cups and sprinkle mini chocolate chips.