Last Updated on May 26, 2020 by Kathryn Donangelo
This Green Detox Smoothie is packed with plenty of vitamins, minerals and makes a healthy breakfast or snack! This smoothie is refreshing and full of goodness!
I love this Green Detox Smoothie because it gives me the nutrients I need! I could have this smoothie every morning because it’s so tasty and you can’t even taste the spinach. You can enjoy this as a breakfast or snack and can add protein powder to make this a more wholesome treat!
This smoothie always comes in handy after a long weekend of eating and indulging in your (not so healthy) favorite treats. I crave this Green Detox Smoothie and all of the healthy ingredients that make me feel good.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS GREEN DETOX SMOOTHIE
- Spinach: this adds tons of vitamins and nutrients. The spinach flavor is hidden once it’s blended.
- Ice: this will thicken up the smoothie and make it frothy without watering it down.
- Strawberries: makes this smoothie fruity and refreshing.
- Banana: adds potassium and gives the smoothie a creamy texture. The banana also adds a natural sweetness.
- Milk or almond milk: This is what makes the smoothie creamy. Any milk will work.
- Lemon juice: perks up the flavor and makes this refreshing.
- Honey: this adds a hint of natural sweetness. Make sure the honey is slightly melted so the honey incorporates into the smoothie.
- Chia seeds: I love adding chia seeds to smoothies because it gives the smooth an extra boost of fiber and you can’t taste it.
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS TO ADD
I love how simple and delicious this smoothie is. If you want to add more ingredients for extra nutrients and flavor, these are all great additions! Kale, blueberries, raspberries, pineapple, greek yogurt, protein powder, collegan, and fresh ginger. The flavor will taste different than my original recipe but it will still taste fruity and delicious.
CAN THIS SMOOTHIE BE VEGAN?
You can easily make this smoothie vegan by using soy milk or almond milk instead of regular milk. This smoothie is already naturally gluten-free.
HOW TO MAKE THIS GREEN DETOX SMOOTHIE A MEAL?
You can simply make this smoothie a wholesome meal by adding 2 – 4 scoops of protein powder. The protein powder flavor could be plain or vanilla. Blend the protein powder with the rest of the ingredients until completely smooth and blended. Adding 1 cup of Greek yogurt to this recipe will also add protein to this smoothie.
LOOKING FOR OTHER SMOOTHIE RECIPES? TRY THESE!
- Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie (protein packed)
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- Creamy Pomegranate Power Smoothie
- Blueberry Muffin Smoothie
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Green Detox Smoothie
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups ice
- 1/4 cup strawberries
- 1 whole banana
- 1/2 cup milk or almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. honey; melted
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds; optional
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- You can simply make this smoothie a wholesome meal by adding 2 - 4 scoops of protein powder. The protein powder flavor could be plain or vanilla. Blend the protein powder with the rest of the ingredients until completely smooth and blended.
- Adding 1 cup of Greek yogurt to this recipe will also add protein to this smoothie.