As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Overnight Oats with almond milk makes the perfect breakfast for busy mornings and made with healthy ingredients. These oats have a creamy texture and you can add any of your favorite flavors, add-ins, and toppings!
Overnight Oats with Almond Milk
If you’re looking for quick, healthy and easy breakfast ideas, overnight oats are for you! These oats are customizable so you can add any of your favorite flavor combinations or enjoy just as they are.
This simple overnight oats recipe is the perfect meal prep breakfast. The oats are creamy with a pudding-like texture and packed with nutritious ingredients, healthy fats, and makes a hearty breakfast.
There are so many different flavors you can make just by using this basic recipe. See a full list of add-ins and recipe variations below.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- Quick to make: Made with simple ingredients that you most likely already have at home.
- Easy breakfast: All you do is add the ingredients to a bowl and let them sit in the fridge to get creamy and thick.
- Healthy: Made with highly nutritious ingredients so you can feel good about eating these oats.
- Customizable: You can completely customize these oats any way you want by using this base recipe to add your favorite flavors. The possibilities are endless!
- Oatmeal: Make sure to use plain old-fashioned rolled oats are the best type of oats to use for this recipe. Steel cut oats or quick oats won’t work as well for this recipe as quick oats can be too soggy and steel cut oats will be too thick and create a different texture.
- Almond milk: I use unsweetened almond milk but you could also use sweetened or any type of non-dairy milk or regular milk.
- Yogurt: I love using vanilla Greek yogurt for extra creaminess and to add more vanilla flavor but you can use any fruit flavor or plain flavor. Regular yogurt will also work well too.
- Vanilla extract: Adds a warm flavor to the oats.
- Honey: Used as a natural sweetener, you could also use maple syrup or agave syrup.
- Ground cinnamon: This is optional and adds a warm spice flavor.
How To Make Overnight Oats with Almond Milk
Combine ingredients: Place all ingredients into a large glass container, two small bowls, or small jars and mix until combined.
Let oats soak: Cover the glass container with a lid or plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
Customize with your favorite toppings: Add your favorite toppings or fresh fruit and enjoy!
- Milk: Almond milk is high in nutrients and low in calories but whole milk, coconut milk, soy milk, oat milk, cashew milk, or even water will work. If you use water, the oats won’t be as flavorful and could be a little runny.
- Yogurt: You can use any flavor you prefer. I love using Greek yogurt because of it’s thickness. If you wanted to make this non-dairy, use a non-dairy yogurt.
- Add protein: Add a scoop of protein powder or nut butter. Peanut butter, almond butter, and cashew butter make great options.
- Extracts: Almond extract will give these oats a sweet cookie flavor, cake batter extract will make these taste like a sweet cake, peppermint extract is perfect for the winter time, and lemon extract if you want a citrus kick.
- Chocolate flavor: Add a tablespoon of cocoa powder, chocolate protein powder, a chopped chocolate bar, or chocolate chips.
- Gluten-free oats: Use gluten-free oatmeal to make these oats.
- Chia seeds
- Chocolate chips: I love using mini chocolate chips to get smaller bits of chocolate in each bite.
- Nuts: Chopped almonds, peanuts, walnuts, pecans, cashews, and hazelnuts all make great options.
- Seeds: Sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, and flax seeds add great nutrition and a crunchy texture.
- Fruit: Diced apples, sliced bananas, mangos, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, oranges, peaches, or just about any fruit can be used in these oats.
- Coconut flakes or shredded coconut
- Dried cranberries
- Lemon or orange zest
- Granola: I love adding this to the top for more crunch!
Leftovers & Storage
Place any leftovers in an airtight container or cover jar with lid and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Be sure to give the oats a good stir before eating to incorporate all of the ingredients.
Other Oatmeal Recipes
- Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal
- Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal Bake
- Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Blender Oatmeal Pancakes
- Banana Baked Oatmeal
- Blueberry Baked Oatmeals
NEVER MISS A RECIPE
Join thousands of subscribers & get
easy recipes via email for FREE!
Want to be Featured?
If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out…
Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
Easy, simple, and delicious recipes anyone can make. Click the button below so you don’t miss any recipes!
Overnight Oats with Almond Milk
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt plain or vanilla flavored
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon optional
- Place all ingredients into a large glass container, two small bowls, or small jars and mix until combined.
- Cover the glass container with a lid or plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Add your favorite toppings or fresh fruit and enjoy!