The Best Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
This Cauliflower Mac and Cheese will satisfy all of your mac and cheese cravings! Roasted cauliflower is coated in a cheesy sauce and is simply the best!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small bite size pieces (think the size of gnocchi). 1 large head OR 2 small heads
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream you could also use milk instead or use both, just divide them to equal 1 1/2 cups total.
- 4 ounces cream cheese; cut into small cubes or pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 tsp. paprika (optional)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet coated with foil or parchment paper. Drizzle olive oil, salt, and pepper on the cauliflower pieces and coat well. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cauliflower pieces or softened. Some pieces will be darker in color.
Once the cauliflower is cooked, in a large pot on low heat add the heavy cream and the cream cheese. Whisk until the cream cheese is melted. Add the remaining cheeses and continue to stir until all cheeses are melted. Add the spices to the sauce and incorporate- this process is quick and will take a few minutes. Once the cheesy mixture is smooth and comes to a simmer, REMOVE FROM HEAT and vigorously whisk.
Add the roasted cauliflower pieces and stir until all of the cauliflower pieces are coated. Serve immediately and enjoy! Sprinkle paprika on top if you want some extra spice!
- You can use any cheese combination that you prefer. Cheddar, Monterey Jack and Gruyere are my favorites for this recipe. Make sure to use a total of 2 1/2 cups total.
- It is important to keep an eye on the cheese sauce because you don't want to over cook it otherwise it will turn into a solid.
Calories: 408kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.6g | Protein: 15.4g | Fat: 37.3g | Saturated Fat: 20.9g | Cholesterol: 4.6mg | Sodium: 503mg | Potassium: 229mg | Sugar: 1.5g | Calcium: 434mg | Iron: 1mg