Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup
This Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup is so easy to put together and is everything you want when you are craving comfort. Slow cooked until creamy and perfect for any night!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 lb. dried split peas; rinsed
- 1 2 cups of diced ham
- 1 large white onion; chopped
- 2 cloves garlic; minced
- 3 carrots; peeled and chopped
- 3 celery stalks; peeled and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth; add more if soup is too thick
Place all of the ingredients in a slow cooker and stir until combined.
Cook on LOW for 8-10 hours or HIGH for 4-5 hours or until the peas are tender. If the soup is too thick, add 1 cup of chicken broth or water and then stir until soup is creamy.
When ready to serve, ladle into soup bowls and serve with french or sourdough bread and enjoy!