Baked Oats Recipe
This Baked Oats Recipe is trending on TikTok and I love everything about it. These baked oats taste like cake and are naturally sweetened so it's healthier for you too! Enjoy this delicious baked oatmeal treat for breakfast or dessert.
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup milk or almond milk
- 1 whole large egg
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease 2 8-ounces oven-safe bowl or ramekin.
Add all of the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips to the blender. Blend until fully combined and be sure to scrape the sides of the blender.
Stir in 2 tablespoons of the chocolate chips until combined.
Pour the blended oats into the prepared bowls and top with the remaining chocolate chips. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: Savory Experiments.
- Chocolate Baked Oats: add 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Protein-packed Baked Oats: add a scoop or two of your favorite protein powder to give this oatmeal a protein boost. You can also add flaxseed meal, collagen, and chia seeds to make this extra nutrient-dense.
- Double Chocolate Baked Oats: add two tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder and 1/4 cup more of dark chocolate chips. Omit the banana and peanut butter and add 2 tablespoons of plain or vanilla yogurt instead.
- White Chocolate Macadamia Baked Oats: omit the banana, peanut butter, chocolate chips, and maple syrup. Swap for 2 tablespoons of plain or vanilla yogurt, 2 tablespoons of honey, 1/4 cup of macadamia nuts, and 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips.
- Snickerdoodle Baked Oats: Omit the banana, peanut butter, and maple syrup. Swap for 3 tablespoons of vanilla yogurt, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons of honey. Lightly sprinkle;e the tops with cinnamon and sugar on top.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Baked Oats: add 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder and add an extra scoop of peanut butter to the center. Check out my Instagram video on how I made it.
- Chocolate Chip Baked Oats: omit the banana, peanut butter, and maple syrup. Swap for 3 tablespoons of vanilla yogurt, 2 tablespoons of honey, and 1/4 cup of milk chocolate chips.
- Leftovers: Store leftovers in an airtight container or cover each ramekin tightly with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator and store for up to 5 days.
- Freezing: You can also freeze these baked oats after they are baked. Cover tightly and place in an airtight container or heavy-duty ziplock bag. Let the Oatmeal Baked thaw overnight and heat in the oven at 350 degrees F until warm, about 10 minutes.