Halloween Mummy Dogs Recipe
Celebrate the holiday season with this fun Halloween Mummy Dogs recipe. They are delicious, kid-friendly and perfect for the holiday season. Make this yummy snack using just 4 ingredients in 25 minutes and serve them with your favorite dipping sauce.
Servings: 8 mummy dogs
- 8 fulled cooked sausages or hot dogs I used Italian, you can use any sausage flavor.
- 1 can crescent roll dough
- 1 tsp. mayonnaise
- 16 edible eyes
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Pat the sausage links dry with a paper towel and set aside. Divide the crescent roll dough into 4. Roll out with a rolling pin and cut into 12-14 strips. Repeat with the remainder of the dough.
Wrap each sausage link with crescent dough strips to look like a mummy. Be sure to leave a little space at the top for the eyes.
Bake the mummies for 12-14 minutes, or until the crescent dough is a light golden brown. Let the mummmies cool for 10 minutes and then with a toothpick, dab each set of eyes with mayonnaise and place on the mummies. Enjoy!
- Store any leftover mummy dogs in an airtight container for 2-3 days in the refrigerator or in the freezer for 1-2 months.
- If you can't find the edible eyes, you can use mayonnaise and poppy seeds or mayonnaise and black olives instead for the eyes.
- You could use hotdogs instead of sausages if you prefer.