Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
This Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup makes a delicious and hearty dinner! Made in less than 30 minutes and will be a new family favorite recipe!
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 cups celery; chopped
- 2 cups carrots; peeled and chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion; chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Mazola® Corn Oil
- 3 cloves garlic; minced
- 2 Tbsp. All-purpose flour
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken; shredded (about 3 cups)
- 1 1/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. fresh parsley; chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, sauté celery, carrots and onion in with the Mazola® Corn Oil over medium-high heat until softened, about 6 minutes.
Add in the garlic, stir and cook for another minute. Add the flour and stir until thickened, about a minute.
Pour in the chicken broth, Italian seasoning and chicken. Mix and let soup simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the orzo pasta and let cook for 8 minutes or until the orzo is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Add in lemon juice, parsley, stir and serve.