Creamy Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
These ultra Creamy Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes are super easy to make and perfect for any holiday! This will be your new favorite crock pot recipe!
Servings: 8 servings
- 5 lbs. Russet potatoes; peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup milk; whole or reduced-fat
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter; cut into slices
- finelly chopped chives; optional
Place the potatoes, chicken broth and water into a 6 qt. slow cooker or crock pot. Season with salt and pepper, mix together and cover with a lid.
Cook on HIGH setting for 3-4 hours or LOW setting for 7-8 hours, until the potatoes are very tender.
Mash the potatoes together with a potato mashed or electric mixer until smooth. Stir in th milk, cream and butter until well combined and creamy. Make sure all of the butter is melted completely. Add more milk if desired and taste for salt. Sprinkle chives on top and top with a few extra pats of butter before serving. Enjoy!
- Leftovers: store mashed potatoes in an airtight container for up to 4 days. When ready to reheat, simply microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minutes depending on your microwave. You may want to add a pat of butter and a splash of milk to make them creamy and soft.
- Make-ahead: once your mashed potatoes are done cooking, you can leave them in the crock pot on warm for up to 3 to 4 hours before serving. Make sure to stir the mashed potatoes occasionally and add more milk to keep them creamy.