Teriyaki Chicken Salad
This Teriyaki Chicken Salad is a lunch and dinner favorite! Made with juicy marinated teriyaki chicken, lettuce, veggies, and other healthy goodies!
Servings: 2 large salads
For the Salad
- 1.5 lbs. chicken breasts; you can also use boneless skinless thighs
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce; roughly chopped
- 1 cup red cabagge; shredded
- 1/4 cup edamame beans
- 1 11 oz. can mandarin oranges; drained
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 Tbsp. green onions; sliced
- sesame seeds; for garnish
For the Teriyaki Chicken Marinade
- 3/4 cup Reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Corn starch
- 2 1/2 tsp. Ground ginger
- 4 cloves Garlic; minced
- 2 whole Green onions; sliced
To make the Teriyaki Marindate
In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until combined. Pierce the chicken breasts (or thighs) with a fork a few times and place in the bowl. Make sure to coat the chicken and flip it a few times in the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and marinade in the refrigerator for a least an hour to overnight.
To make the Teriyaki Chicken Salad
Preheat grill to medium heat. Brush the grill with oil and add the marinated chicken to grill. Cook and turn occassionally until the chicken is completely cooked through reaching the internal temperature of 165 degrees F. I highly recommend using a thermometer to ensure chicken is fully cooked. The chicken will take about 15-20 minutes to cook completely- depending on the thickness of your chicken.
Remove the chicken from the grill and slice. Add the rest of the teriyaki marinade to a frying pan (or you can simply add it to your indoor grill). Let the marinade simmer until it turns into a sauce. It will take about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and add to a small bowl for serving.
To assemble salad, place the lettuce in a large bowl or serving platter. Top with sliced chicken, red cabbage, edamame, mandarin oranges, almonds and green onions. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Spoon the teriyaki dressing on top of the salad and enjoy!
- You can grill your chicken on an outdoor or indoor grill. The cooking time may vary depending on which grill you cook the chicken on.