Easy Cheese Enchiladas
These Cheese Enchilada are simply the best! Super cheesy and smothered in a Sour Cream Enchilada Sauce. This hearty meal can be made in 30 minutes or less!
Servings: 8 enchiladas
- 8 large flour tortillas or whole wheat
- 3 cups shredded cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 can, 20 ounces Red enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup yellow onions; diced
- 1/4 cup green onions; thinly sliced
- toppings of your choice; guacamole, sour cream, diced tomatoes, onions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the red enchilada sauce and sour cream until combined, creamy and smooth.
Ladle in about 2 cups of the sour cream enchilada sauce so it covers the bottom of the dish.
Add 1/4 cup of shredded cheese in the middle of each tortilla. Add a pinch of diced onions and a pinch of sliced green onions. Roll the tortilla and place on the baking dish. Repeat until you have made 8 enchiladas.
Add the remaining enchilada sauce to the top making sure to get the corners. I like to use a spoon to ensure the top is evenly coated with sauce. Top with 1 cup of cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted perfectly and bubbly. Garnish with more diced yellow onions and sliced green onions. Serve with guacamole, sour cream, chips and dip to make the perfect meal! Enjoy!
- Make these ahead of time- You can make these Cheese Enchiladas in the morning or night before. Be sure to wrap the baking dish with plastic wrap and leave in the fridge until ready to bake. When ready, bake accordingly to the directions and you may need to add a few additional minutes.