Crock Pot Sausage, Spinach and Bean Soup
This comforting soup is heart healthy, delicious and budget friendly!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 12.8-ounce package of chicken sausage, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 cups baby carrots; chopped
- 2 stalks celery; diced
- 2 15-ounce cans beans, drained and rinsed (I used white beans)
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cup beef broth
- Black pepper a pinch
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup pastina small pasta
- Parmesan cheese; to sprinkle on top optional
- Crackers or bread for dunking optional
Drizzle olive oil on the bottom of a crock pot. Add all ingredients except for spinach and pasta.
Cover crock pot and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours. During the last 45 minutes of cook time, add pasta and spinach. Stir until combined. Once cooked, enjoy with bread or crackers all week long! Enjoy!