Hi, I’m Kathryn. Welcome to Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog! Thank you for stopping by my little space on the internet!
Ever since I can remember, I have always had a passion for cooking and baking. I am from and currently live in beautiful Monterey, California and there is no place I would rather be. I have turned my passion into my hobby by developing new recipes and re-creating old recipes with a healthier twist!
Most of my recipes that you can find on my blog are easy to make, healthy, and I also share my favorite treats! I strive for simplicity and go-to-recipes that anyone can make. I want to help you fill your loved ones’ tummies with the delicious food and bring memorable recipes to your families dinner table.
I was raised in an Italian family so I grew up around a lot of food and being in the kitchen often. I have learned many things in the kitchen from my Nana and Dad who owns two restaurants on Fisherman’s Wharf, Cafe Fina and Domenico’s on the Wharf. If you visit Monterey, check them out- especially if you love Italian food and seafood!
I love eating healthy, but I also believe everything should taste delicious. Living a happy healthy lifestyle is just as important to me as eating delicious food. Thank you for following along my foodie adventure and I hope you enjoy my recipes!
Here are some fun facts about me:
1) I currently work full-time at a hotel and I have lunch with my dad almost every day at Cafe Fina
2) My husband and I live in the cutest apartment just a few blocks away from the ocean♥
3) Giada De Laurentiis is my absolute favorite Chef and inspiration- I met her once and hope to meet her again!
4) I watched more of the Food Network channel than cartoons growing up
5) I graduated from Fresno State with a Business Marketing degree in 2012
6) I have one brother-I’m older by a year
7) My “dream job” when I was younger was to have my own cooking show
8) My favorite ice-cream flavor is Vanilla
9) Visiting The Food Network Corporate office in New York is on my bucket list
10) I want to Develop then Publish a cookbook in my lifetime
On June 22, 2019- I married my best friend and my forever recipe taste-tester. It was the best day of my life.