Hi, I’m Kathryn! Welcome to Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog. I started my food blog back in 2013 and have loved this fun blogging adventure ever since!
I am from and currently live in beautiful Monterey, California. I truly appreciate living so close to the ocean every single day and there is no other place I’d rather be. Cooking and baking have been a passion of mine since I was a little girl and I hold it very close to my heart. I have turned my passion into my hobby by developing new recipes and re-creating old recipes with a healthier twist! Most of my recipes that you can find on my blog are simple, easy to make, delicious and healthy. Oh, did I mention I have a sweet tooth? Like a major one. If I could, I would have dessert every single night. There are plenty of delicious indulging treats on my blog too so it’s the best of both worlds!
On the other hand, one of my favorite things to do is go for a run along the bike path. Life is all about balance and being happy so I believe doing what makes your soul happy. I was raised in an Italian family so I grew up around a lot of food and being in the kitchen often. I have learned many things in the kitchen from my Nana and Dad who owns a couple restaurants on Fisherman’s Wharf: Cafe Fina and Domenico’s on the Wharf. If you ever visit Monterey, check them out- especially if you love Italian food and seafood! Growing up, I had a ton of experience working at my Dad’s and family’s restaurant’s where I learned many different culinary aspects.
I love cooking for my boyfriend, family and friends. I am constantly thinking of new recipes to make. Most mornings when I wake up, I am thinking about what to make for dinner already..and I also love to menu plan! I love eating healthy, but I also believe everything should taste delicious. Living a happy healthy lifestyle is just as important to me as eating delicious food! You will also find some kitchen inspiration, tips and tricks on my blog!
Thank you for following along my foodie adventure! Have fun and I hope you enjoy my recipes!
Here are some f u n facts about me:
1) I currently work full-time at The Portola Hotel & Spa and I walk to work just about every single day
2) My boyfriend and I live in the cutest apartment just a few blocks away from the ocean
3) Giada De Laurentiis is my absolute favorite Chef and inspiration- I met her once and hope to meet her again!
4) I watched more of the Food Network channel than cartoons growing up
5) graduated from Fresno State with a Business Marketing degree in 2012
6) After I graduated from Fresno State, I considered going to Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Academy in San Francisco but I accepted a Sales position instead
7) My “dream job” when I was younger was to have my own cooking show
8) My favorite ice-cream flavor is Vanilla- I know, it’s so basic
9) I love all things sprinkles…I have a large collection of them so if you have any sprinkle recipes, let me know!
10) Flying on airplanes scare me
11) I actually really like to clean and wash the dishes. Weird, I know!
12) Visiting The Food Network Corporate office in New York, New York is on my bucket list
13) I want to Develop then Publish a cookbook by the time I’m 30 (I better start working on this like, now!)
14) Coconut is the only food I don’t like. Sorry, you won’t find any coconut recipes on this blog!
15) Cheese + Salami + Wine = love