Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
These Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are packed with oats, peanut butter and plenty of nutrition. Enjoy them as a dessert or breakfast!
Servings: 24 cookies
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 1/2 cups whole rolled oats
- 1 cup natural peanut butter; smooth or crunchy
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 325 F. In a medium size bowl, mash together the bananas with two forks. Mash until the banana is completely mashed and creamy.
Add the remainder of the ingredients to the mashed bananas and mix until combined.
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and use a mini ice cream scoop to scoop out the dough ball and place on prepared baking sheet. Making sure to leave a little room between each one, please note the cookie will not expand or spread.
Gently press down with a fork on the top of each cookie to make a small criss-cross pattern. Bake for 20 minutes and enjoy!
- You can add 1/4 cup of chopped nuts of your choice for a crunchier texture.
- If you do not have a mini ice cream scoop, simply use a regular spoon and scoop 2 small scoops of the dough.
- You can also make this recipe gluten-free by using gluten-free oats!
- If you love chocolate, add mini or regular chocolate chips to the mixture or to the top of the cookies before you bake them.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 118kcal | Carbohydrates: 13.8g | Protein: 3.6g | Fat: 5.9g | Saturated Fat: 0.6g | Sodium: 24mg | Potassium: 69mg | Fiber: 2.5g | Sugar: 5.8g | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg