Zucchini Frittata Recipe
This Zucchini Frittata Recipe makes a delicious breakfast, brunch or lunch. Made with fresh zucchini seasoned with salt, pepper and coated with parmesan cheese and baked with a light and fluffy egg mixture and cheese. This recipe is gluten-free, low-carb and keto-friendly!
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 1/4 cups zucchini; 2 medium or 3 small thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated or shredded parmesan cheese
- 8 whole large eggs
- 1 tsp. dried onion
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup whole or low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese; shredded
- 1/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese; shredded
- 1/2 tsp. salt; divided
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper; divided
- parsley; finely chopped to garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium bowl, toss together the sliced zucchini, olive oil, grated parmesan cheese, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, dried onion, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, cream, milk, cheeses, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until combined.
Line a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with parchment paper or grease with nonstick cooking spray.
Transfer and evenly spread the zucchini into the bottom of the baking pan. Pour the egg mixture on top to cover the zucchini. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the egg mixture is no longer jiggly. Let cool for 5-10 minutes and then slice into squares and serve. Top with more grated parmesan cheese if you wish. Enjoy!
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. When you want to reheat, simply place the frittata in the microwave for a 15-30 seconds.
- Make sure the zucchini is thinly sliced. I used a mandoline to cut my zucchini to ensure thin slices. You could also shred the zucchini but be sure to squeeze out any additional water.