Healthy Chicken Tortilla Soup
This Healthy Chicken Tortilla Soup is filled with tender rotisserie chicken pieces, beans, veggies and simmered in a chicken tomato broth! Packed with nutritious ingredients and comes together in less than 30 minutes!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion; diced
- 3 garlic cloves; minced
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15. ounce can corn; rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5 ounce can black beans; rinsed and drained
- 1 15. ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 4 ounce. can green chiles
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. crushed tortilla chips
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken meat; about 1 whole chicken
- 1/2 cup milk or heavy whipping cream
- 1 whole lime; juiced
Chicken Tortilla Soup toppings (optional)
- lime wedges
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- avocado chunks
In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil and onions. Cook until onions have softened, about 3 minutes then add garlic and cook for another minute.
Pour in the chicken broth, corn, beans, seasonings, tortilla chips and chicken. Simmer for 15 minutes so all of the flavors can incorporate, stirring occasionally.
Add the milk and lime juice and stir to combine. Serve with chunks of avocado, shredded cheese, cilantro, crusted tortilla chips and a dollop of sour cream! Enjoy!