Pumpkin Pie Bars (Made with a Shortbread Crust)
These Pumpkin Pie Bars have the same flavors of a classic Pumpkin Pie except it's much easier to make and made with an easy shortbread crust!
Servings: 12 bars
To make a shortbread crust
- 3/4 cup butter; unsalted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp. ice water
To make the pumpkin pie filling
- 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 2 whole eggs
- 12 oz. evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/12 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
To make the shortbread crust
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a food processor, combine butter, sugar, salt and flour together and pulse a few times until the mixture resembles a corase sand. Add the water and scrape down the sides of the food processor with a spatula and pulse a few more times until it looks like a dough is forming.
Line a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with parchment paper letting some paper hang over the edge so it's easy to pull the bars out once baked. Pour the dough into the dish by pressing an even layer with your fingers.
Bake the shortbread crust for 15 minutes and remove from oven. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F.
To make the pumpkin filling
Combine all of the filling ingredients in a large bowl and whisk together until well combined and smooth. Pour the pumpkin mixture over the crust and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the center is set and no longer jiggly.
Remove from oven and let cool completely for at least an hour. Place in the refrigerator to cool for another hour if you prefer your pie to be chilled. When ready to cut, pull the bars out of the baking dish by holding the parchment paper and cut into squares. Top with whip cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon if desired. Enjoy!
- This recipe makes 12 large bars or you can cut them into smaller squares OR triangles to make even more!
- If you don't have a food processor to make the shortbread crust, simply use a pastry cutter or a fork to cut the butter.
- Leftover Pumpkin Pie Bars will last in the refrigerator for up to 5 days when stored in an airtight container or wrapped tightly with plastic wrap.
- Make these the day before you want to serve them so they can be chilled in the refrigerator overnight. When ready, cut into bars and serve!
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 333kcal | Carbohydrates: 47.8g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14.7g | Saturated Fat: 8.9g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 95mg | Potassium: 191mg | Fiber: 1.6g | Sugar: 33.3g | Iron: 1mg