Zucchini Cheddar Waffles
Zucchini Cheddar Waffles are savory and made with grated zucchini, cheese, and perfect for brunch or lunch! These waffles are healthy and easy to make!
- 2 cups zucchini; grated - about 2 zucchini
- 1 cup cheddar cheese; shredded
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 - 1 1/4 cup all-purpose or whole wheat flour
Grate zucchinis and place them in a kitchen towel or multiple sturdy paper towels. Be sure to ring out as much water as you can and do it over a colander just incase any break out of the paper towels.
Preheat the waffle iron. Combine all of the ingredinets in a large bowl and mix until combined. You may need to add 1/4 more flour depending on how watery the zucchini is. Let the waffle batter sit for 10 minutes to get fluffy and set.
Spray the heated waffle iron generously with nonstick cooking spray and pour 1/4 cup of the waffle batter into each waffle. Cook according to your waffle machine; most take 2-4 minutes per waffle batch- the waffle will be golden brown when it's done cooking. My waffle machine has 4 waffles per batch. Repeat until you run out of waffle batter. Be sure to spray the waffer iron in-between each batch.
- If you want to make these waffles gluten-free, you can substitute almond flour instead of regular or whole wheat flour
- If you have leftovers, place the waffles in an airtight container or large ziplock bag. They will last 5-7 days in the fridge. You can reheat them in the microwave or oven for a few minutes. Please note, if you reheat them in the microwave the will turn soft and lose their crispness.