Beef Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Easy Beef Stuffed Poblano Peppers that are stuffed with beef, quinoa, bold spice and lots of cheese! These make the best dinners and are healthy too!
Servings: 8 stuffed peppers
- 4 Poblano peppers; cut in half lengthwise and seeds removed
- 2 tsp. olive oil; divided
- 1/2 tsp. garlic; minced
- 1 lb. ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 Roma tomao; diced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or jack cheese
- sliced green onions for garnish; optional
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange the halved peppers on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes so they can soften. Remove from oven and set aside. Be sure to leave the oven on.
Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil, garlic, tomato, and ground beef to a large frying pan or skillet and cook on medium heat. Season with garlic powder, cummin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the beef is browned and completely cooked through. Remove from heat and stir un 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese until melted.
Evenly divide and spoon mixture into peppers and liberally sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Place the stuffed peppers back in the oven and bake for 10 minute or until the cheese is melted. Enjoy!
- You use twice the amount of water as you would quinoa. Bring a pot of water to a boil and then add half the amount of quinoa. Remove the lid and let cook until the water is absorbed for about 10-15 minutes. Fluff with a fork to make it extra fluffy. The cooking time will vary based on the quantity of quinoa you use.
- You can make these peppers up to a day ahead. Just add an additional 15 minutes to the cooking time to ensure the mixture gets warmed and cheese is melted.