Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
This dish is extremely quick, easy, hearty and full of delicious flavors--It also takes less than 30 minutes to make!
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 small yellow onion; diced
- 2 cloves of garlic; minced
- 1 cup of fresh spinach; roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- Green onions; thinly sliced for garnishing
- 1 head of butter lettuce
Heat oil in a medium frying pan on high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook for a few minutes until onions are translucent.
Add ground turkey, spinach, carrots and ginger. Cook until turkey meat is fully cooked and browned.
Once turkey is cooked, drain to remove access fat then put in a medium bowl. Stir cooked turkey meat with hoisin sauce, Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce and sesame seeds.
To serve, spoon in meat mixture onto butter lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds.