Greek Yogurt Banana Almond Muffins
You will go bananas for these extra fluffy homemade muffins!
- 3 ripe bananas- my bananas had lots of dark spots on them this is perfect because they are extra sweet, naturally
- ½ cup vanilla or plain flavored Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup brown sugar; plus extra to sprinkle on the tops of the muffins
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon; plus extra to sprinkle on the tops of the muffins
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ cup chopped almonds; plus extra to sprinkle on the tops of the muffins
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, mash together the bananas until they are chunky with a whisk. Add in yogurt, egg, vanilla extract, honey, brown sugar and butter. Whisk together until everything is combined.
In a separate bowl, mix together the cinnamon, flour, baking soda and chopped almonds just until combined. Pour in the banana mixture and stir until all ingredients are combined. The batter will be light and fluffy. It will be the consistency of cake batter—it will also smell sweet!
Line a 12 muffin tin with cupcake liners and spoon in the batter into the muffin hole. These muffins will rise a bit but don’t be shy about filling the batter almost to the top. They won’t rise over too much! Sprinkle a pinch of chopped almonds, cinnamon and brown sugar onto each muffin. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until muffins are a golden brown. Once muffins are cool, remove wrapper and enjoy!