Cucumber Sandwich Recipe
Mini Cucumber Sandwiches make a refreshing appetizer, lunch, or snack. Made with soft sliced bread, homemade herb cream cheese, and thinly sliced cucumbers.
Servings: 16 mini sandwiches
- 8 slices soft bread I used Hawaiaan bread
- 1 English cucumber; thinly sliced
- 4 ounces. plain cream cheese; softened
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. lemon juice; fresh
- 1/2 Tbsp. fresh dill; finely chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp. fresh chives; finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- pinch salt and black pepper
With a hand mixer or a fork, mix together the cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in the lemon juice, dill, chives, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
Spread herb cream cheese evenly on each slice of bread, 8 total.
Add 6-12 slices of cucumber over half of the bread slices, 4 total. Top with other half of the bread slice and gently press down on each sandwich.
Cut each sandwich into quarters and serve immediately. Cover with plastic wrap and store for up to 24 hours.
Optional: remove the crusts if desired. Cut each sandwich into halves or thirds. Add more fresh herbs on top of the cucumbers for additional flavor.