Celebrate the Christmas season with these fun Reindeer Cookies. They are delicious, kid-friendly, and the perfect sweet treat for Santa to enjoy. Make these soft thick cookies using a handful of pantry staples in under an hour and serve with a big ol' glass of ice cold milk.
Servings: 26 reindeer cookies
- 3/4 cup brown sugar; packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter; softened
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter be sure not to use 100% natural peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 52 mini pretzels
- 26 red M&Ms
- 52 chocolate chips
In a large mixing bowl, beat together with a stand mixer or electric mixer the butter and sugars. Beat until combined (about 1 minute) and then add peanut butter, milk, vanilla extract and egg. Continue to beat until light, fluffy and combined.
Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until a cookie dough has formed and all of the ingredients are incorporated. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Do not to over-mix.
Place the cookie dough in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to set.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a cooking sheets with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
With a mini ice cream scoop or 2 tablespoons, roll out 26 dough balls, form an upside-down triangle shape and place on the cookie sheet. Bake one cookie sheet at a time. Gently press the cookies down with the palm of your hand just a bit. Add two pretzels to the top to form the ears and press a red M&M on the bottom of the triangle to form the nose.
Bake the cookies for 10 minutes. Once the cookies are baked, immediately (and carefully) add two chocolate chips to the center of the cookies to form the eyes. Let the cookies set on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy or bake these cookies for Santa to enjoy! :)
- Store any leftover reindeer cookies in an airtight container for 3-5 days at room temperature or in the freezer for 4 months.
- Be sure to use creamy peanut butter (I used Jiff brand). I do not recommend using natural peanut butter for this recipe as it tends to separate and doesn't mix well with other ingredients.
- Use room temperature unsalted butter and egg to ensure a smooth batter
- If using salted butter, omit additional salt