Vegetable Herb Pasta Salad
This gluten-free Vegetable Herb Pasta Salad is made with fresh vegetables and a lemon herb vinaigrette. Perfect for any time of the year and makes a healthy and hearty salad!
- 1 box 12 ounces gluten-free pasta I used fusili
- 1 large English cucumber leave the skin on
- 2 large bell peppers (any color) seeds removed and sliced
- 10 ounces about 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/2 large red onion thinly sliced
Lemon Herb Vinaigrette
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice about 2 lemons
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. fresh garlic minced
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 2 tsp. fresh chives finely chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh dill finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
Boil the pasta in a large pot of salted water. Cook according to the box instructions or al dente.
While the pasta is boiling, prepare your salad dressing. Whisk together all of the ingredients in a medium bowl until combined. Set aside.
Drain the pasta in a strainer and rinse under cold water until you don't feel any heat. I like to coat my cooked pasta with a drizzle of olive oil to keep it from sticking together. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
Add all vegetables to the pasta salad and pour the salad dressing over the salad. Toss all of the ingredients together until everything is coated evening. Season with extra salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately or you can make this the day before.
*If you prefer to use regular pasta instead of gluten-free pasta you can use any type of pasta.
**You can use any kind of pasta for this recipe. I specifically used fusili (the corkscrew shape) because I love how the vinaigrette coats the pasta and gets into the spirals. Other great pasta options would be penne, rigatoni, or the farfelle (bow-tie shape).
***I personally like my pasta salad cold so 99% of the time I prepare this salad the day or night before. The flavors of all of the ingredients amplifies from marinating in the refrigerator.