Last Updated on
This is the best guacamole! Flavored-packed and takes less than 5 minutes to make! You will be hooked on this, I promise!
I could literally eat guac every day because it is just that delicious, seriously. I crave it all the time and wish that it was easy to find ripe avocados every time I go to the grocery store but that doesn’t always happen. Luckily avocados ripen super fast in our home so we never have to wait too long (thankfully)!
The pre-made guacamole from the store just is not the same as the homemade stuff. I felt really lucky the last couple of times I went grocery shopping because the avocados were so perfectly ripe which led me to the best guacamole recipe.
Of course my first idea is to always make homemade guacamole when I have enough ripe avocados and plus the Superbowl is coming up so I wanted to share this recipe. TOUCHDOWN!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THE BEST GUACAMOLE
Salt + pepper
Chips to dip!
Sometimes I go to the store and the avocados are rock hard. It is always such a bummer when this happens. If you have a difficult time finding ripe avocados- don’t worry. Here is a little trick I use when I just can’t wait.. Sometimes I buy them anyways because they will eventually become ripe (duh). BUT if you want to speed up the process, place the hard avocados in a paper brown bag for a day or two and it’s just like magic. You will have ripe avocados. You’re welcome 🙂
LOOKING FOR OTHER DELICIOUS DIP IDEAS?
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram!
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
The BEST Guacamole
- 4 large ripe avocados
- 1 lime; juiced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 medium white onion; diced
- 1 Roma tomato; seeded and diced optional
- 1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro; chopped
- In a large bowl place the scooped avocado and lime juice, toss to coat.
- Drain, and reserve the lime juice, after all of the avocados have been coated.
- Using a potato masher or whisk add the salt, pepper and garlic powder and mash until chunky. With a wooden spoon, fold in the onions, tomatoes, cilantro and stir until combined. Add as much more of the lime juice to your liking. Done! Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.