Last Updated on
These low-carb Taco Lettuce Wraps are perfect if you love tacos and eating healthy! They are packed with all the same flavor of a classic taco!
I can eat tacos just about any night of the week..however that can’t happen but these low-carb Taco Lettuce Wraps definitely can suffice my taco cravings! They are also very simple and easy to make. These are so versatile and you can add pretty much any of your favorite taco toppings!
FAVORITE TACO TOPPINGS TO ADD
- Pico de gallo
- Hot sauce
- Diced onions
- Diced bell peppers
- Fresh corn
- Sour cream
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THESE TACO LETTUCE WRAPS
- Ground turkey (or beef)
- Olive oil
- Taco seasoning (see below)
- Romaine lettuce leafs
- Your favorite toppings
HOW TO MAKE A HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING
In a small bowl mix together chili powder, paprika, onion powder, salt, garlic powder, ground cumin, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and red chili flakes. Store in a jar or small airtight container for up to 1-2 years. Store at room temperature in a cool area.
LOOKING FOR OTHER MEXICAN INSPIRED RECIPES? TRY THESE!
- The Best Homemade Guacamole
- Carne Asade Street Tacos (low-carb)
- Corn and Bean Dip
- Spicy Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Taco Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb turkey meat or ground beef
- Olive oil; a drizzle
- 1/4 cup white onions; chopped
- Homemade Taco Seasoning:
- 2 tsp hot chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper optional
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes optional
- 8 romaine lettuce leafs
- You favorite toppings I used cheese avocado, and cherry tomatoes
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat. Drizzle olive oil and add chopped onions. Sautee for 3 minutes until light brown. Add in ground turkey and all of the seasonings. Stir constantly until the meat is fully cooked (about 10 minutes).
- Once cooked and cooled, spoon in taco meat into lettuce leafs. Top with your favorite toppings (guacamole, salsa, sour cream, pico de gallo, cheese)