Last Updated on
1 flank steak (2 -2 1/2 lbs)
1 Tbsp olive oil
4 cups fresh spinach; chopped
3 roma tomatoes; chopped
2 cloves garlic; chopped
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a sauce pan on medium, sauté oil, garlic, chopped spinach, chopped tomatoes and lightly season with salt and pepper. Cook until spinach is wilted and then set pan aside.
2. Sprinkle the flank steak with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Spread and press the stuffing mixture onto the flank steak to approximately 1/2 to 1 inch from the border, all the way around. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly on steak.
3. Begin rolling up the flank steak with the edge closest to you and roll away from you (the steak should be rolled parallel to the grain so that once you cut into the steak, you are cutting against the grain). Once rolled, tie the flank steak roll up with cooking string every 2 inches or so. Sprinkle the roll with salt and pepper.
4. Once steak is rolled, drizzle olive oil on the bottom of a skillet and add steak. Bake in oven for approximately 30 minutes depending on how rare or well done you want your steak. To make sure your meat is cooked properly, insert a meat thermometer.
*This steak is best medium rare
5. Once cooked, remove the stuffed steak from the oven and place on a separate place, cover with foil, and let rest for 5 minutes before cutting.