Last Updated on
Creamy avocados are stuffed with a delicious and refreshing shrimp mixture! This Shrimp Stuffed Avocados recipe is healthy and so simple to make for any seafood lover!
I love all kinds of seafood, especially shrimp so I was excited to come up with this delicious idea. This Shrimp Stuffed Avocados recipe is so easy to make and healthy too! You can serve this as an appetizer, snack, or you can even make a meal out of it by adding extra shrimp or serve with crusty sourdough bread or tortilla chips!
This recipe couldn’t be any simpler but tastes so much more complex with only a few seasonings and fillings!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THESE SHRIMP STUFFED AVOCADOS
- Bay shrimp or medium cooked shrimp
- Olive oil
- Red onion
- Green onions
These delicious and low-carb Shrimp Stuffed Avocados make the best lunch! Creamy and buttery avocados are filled with satisfying shrimp, salsa, red onions, green onions, cucumbers and immense flavor!
This recipe is ideal during the summer or any hot day! It’s simply refreshing, light and exceptionally easy to put make. You can make this recipe in less than 20 minutes– it’s that easy!
You will want these Shrimp Stuffed Avocados all year round and you may even have luck getting a non seafood eater to love these! I love avocados and can eat them everyday. I especially love their nutritional value and versatility. Since I live in California, I feel so spoiled for having avocados readily available and abundant.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE
- If you use medium or large size shrimp instead of bay shrimp, make sure to cut then into bite size pieces.
- If you have leftovers, make sure to store the avocados and shrimp mixture separately so they do not brown. Scoop out the shrimp mixture and wrap the avocado half with plastic wrap leaving no air so the avocado does not brown. Store the shrimp mixture in an airtight container.
- Other seafoods alternatives to add or use instead of shrimp are cooked lobster or crab meat.
- Add diced jalapeños or hot sauce if you want your shrimp mixture to be spicy.
LOOKING FOR OTHER SEAFOOD RECIPES? TRY THESE!
- Shrimp and Soba Noodle Salad
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- The Best Homemade Tuna Poke
- The Easiest Homemade California Roll
- Fresh Shrimp Spring Rolls
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Bay Shrimp Stuffed Avocados
- 2 large avocados; cut in half
- 1/2 lb fresh cooked bay shrimp or medium cooked shrimp; cut in half
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup cucumber; diced
- 3 Tbsp. salsa
- 1/4 cup red onion; diced
- 1/2 juiced lemon
- 3 Tbsp. green onions; thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. salt for taste
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper for taste
- hot sauce; optional
- diced jalapenos; optional
- With a sharp knife slice the avocados in half (long-ways) and remove the pits. Spoon out some of the avocado flesh near the pit indent so the avocado can hold more shrimp mixture. You can also leave the avocados as they are and pile them higher with the shrimp mixture.
- In a medium size bowl add shrimp, olive oil, cucumber, salsa, red onion, lemon juice, green onions, salt and pepper. Mix together until combined. Spoon shrimp mixture onto each avocado and enjoy! Serve as is or with crusty sourdough bread or tortilla chips!