Last Updated on
This Holiday season has been filled with lots of cookies for me so this healthy treat comes in handy. I love love looooove my food processor! Hummus is one of my favorite dips to snack on with crackers or vegetables if I’m really trying to be healthy. I usually always have some stocked in my refrigerator at home. I still ask myself why I continue to buy them when I can easily make it at home! This recipe came about after I had roasted garlic (it was my first time) and you can find the recipe I used HERE from Simply Recipes. I wasn’t sure how the garlic would come out. BUT it was amazing just as it smelt like roasting in my oven…Roasting garlic is the easiest things you can make and it’s so versatile. This recipe is a great snack and an excellent way to stay healthy! I also like to drizzle olive oil on the top of my hummus and sprinkle salt and pepper before serving. To store the hummus, cover with plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
Check out my other hummus recipes:
Roasted Garlic Spinach Hummus
- 1 can of garbanzo beans; drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of spinach; steamed
- 2 cloves of roasted garlic
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- the juice of 1 small lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine garbanzo beans, spinach, roasted garlic olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Pulse in the food processor until smooth; about 3 minutes. Stir every 30 seconds to ensure smoothness and creaminess. Add more olive oil if necessary to get the consistency you desire. Serve and enjoy this delicious healthy snack!