Last Updated on
“I received free samples of SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Blend mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by SPLENDA® Sweeteners and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.”
I love trying out new products that have a health bonus and being NATURAL. My favorite part about this natural sweetener is that it’s all natural! Most low-calorie sweeteners are artificial and have a horrible aftertaste.
HERE ARE SOME NATURAL FACTS ABOUT SPLENDA SWEETENER
- SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend is made with only Stevia cane sugar and stevia leaf extract
- A 1/2 teaspoon of SPLENDA® Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend gives you the same amount of sweetness as a full teaspoon of traditional sugar
- It’s made from only 2 non-GMO ingredients: stevia + cane sugar
- It is versatile- It can be used anywhere you would use sugar
- Has 50% fewer calories than sugar
- There is NO artificial ingredients or added flavors
These cinnamon roll scone treats are made with SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Blend and yogurt! Breakfast for me during the week is definitely a grab-and-go and these were perfect and it feels like a total splurge but it’s not because they are healthy. Win, win!
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Healthy Cinnamon Roll SconesWhat do you get when a cinnamon roll and a scone get combined with a healthy twist? This healthy treat!Print Pin Rate
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup salted butter cold and cubed
- ½ cup; nonfat Greek yogurt Vanilla or Plain flavored
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup Splenda® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Blend
- For the glaze:
- 1/4 cup reduced fat cream cheese; softened
- 1/4 cup Splenda® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Blend
- 2 Tbsp. whole milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- With a stand mixer, mix together the whole wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Cut in the butter in cubes and add to the mixture- the mixture will resemble fine crumbs. Stir in the Greek yogurt, vanilla, milk, egg, and Splenda® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Blend.The dough will be light and it will form into a ball.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet, and shape into a ¾” tall circle using a spatula. Slice the circle into 8 triangular segments with a sharp knife. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the tops are lightly golden. Transfer on a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- In the meantime, you can make the drizzle! Stir together the cream cheese, milk, and Splenda® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Blend in a small bowl. If you want a thinner glaze, add more milk. Mix until the glaze is lump-free and smooth. Transfer the glaze mixture to a zip-topped bag, and cut off a tiny piece of one corner. Drizzle the top of each scone and enjoy this healthful treat!