Last Updated on
Pasta salads are always an idea that comes to mind when I am trying to figure out what to make for either dinner or a side dish..or even snack. They have a lot of great pre-made pesto sauces at the grocery stores that I shop at. It would also be great if you can use a homemade recipe as well! My easy homemade Pesto Recipe can be found here (My Easy Homemade Pesto). With only 5 ingredients, you can whip up a great meal in less than 20 minutes. This will last up to a week in the fridge and it is best eaten cold (in my opinion). Chopped cucumbers, spinach, and bell peppers make a great addition to this dish!
Cold Tortellini Pesto Pasta Salad
- 1 lb spinach & cheese tortellini
- 7 ounces about 1 cup of pesto
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes; quartered
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese; cubed
- 1 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta until cooked, or al dente.
- Drain and let cool for about 15 minutes. In the meantime, quarter the cherry tomatoes and cube the cheese.
- Once pasta is cooled, add pesto, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese. Mix with a spoon until combined and enjoy!