Last Updated on
Everything tastes better when you add a little cake mix to the recipe…I used my basic rice krispy recipe and added cake mix, sprinkles, chocolate, and more chocolate chips to this. It’s definitely a treat that will make you want this every-time.
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 10 oz. bag of mini-marshmallows
- 1/2 cup funfetti or white cake mix
- 5 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 1.75 oz. container of sprinkles
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips I used both milk and white chocolate
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat and add marshmallows. Stir until they begin to melt, then remove from heat.
- Whisk in the (dry) cake mix, then stir in cereal so it is completely coated with marshmallow mixture.
- Sprinkle in half of the sprinkles and stir. Press the mixture into a baking dish (I used a 9 x 13 inch dish) and top with remaining sprinkles. I melted some of the chocolate chips then spread the chocolate evenly over the rice krispy treats. Then I topped it with more chips and sprinkles. Let sit for about 30 minutes before cutting. I find spraying a knife with nonstick spray helps to cut them cleanly.