I have recently been working with one of my fellow friend and health food bloggers, Megan from Sprinkled with Health and we decided to do a guest post with each other! I love sushi and I am so glad I’ve discovered this super easy and creative idea! Megan, from Sprinkled with Health balances healthy and delicious recipes so perfectly.. I was clicking through a bunch of random recipes from her blog and my mouth was watering..from blueberry crumble protein pancakes, to a honeyed pear and blue cheese tart..this girl has it all! So be sure to click on her link! Her and I share the same interest in health foods and the recipe below is a great place to start! We love interpreting healthy eating into delicious eating…just the way it should be! The nutrition facts are also listed below for this. Enjoy!
Click here for the full recipe!
• 2 cups cooked brown rice
• 10 ounces sushi grade tuna
• 3 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
• 1-2 teaspoons sriracha
• pinch of salt
• 1/4 cup soy sauce
• 1/4 cup unseasoned rice wine vinegar
• 1/2 teaspoon wasabi paste
• 2 tablespoons pickled ginger, chopped
• juice of 1 lime
• 1 tablespoon granulated stevia (one that measures cup for cup like sugar)
• 2 sheets of nori, chopped
• 1 carrot, grated
• 1/2 cup diced cucumber
• 1/2 avocado, diced
• 1/4 cup chopped scallion
• 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. Prepare your rice as the package instructs. While it cooks, prepare the rest of your bowl.
2. Chop all up your nori, cucumber, avocado, and scallions, and grate your carrot. Set aside.
3. Chop your tuna into small pieces, and combine it with your mayo, sriracha, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
4. Combine soy sauce, vinegar, wasabi, ginger, lime juice, and stevia together in a bowl. Set aside.
5. Taking two bowls, evenly divide all your ingredients. In each bowl, add 1 cup of rice, followed by half the tuna, then your vegetables, and half of the dressing.
6. Top each with 1/2 tablespoon of sesame seeds. Before eating, mix everything together with chop sticks, and dig in!
Nutrition Facts: (1/2 recipe) 545 calories, 14 grams of fat, 61 grams of carbohydrates (9 grams of fiber), 43 grams of protein