I love spinach so of course I love spinach dip! What I love even more is this cute Bunny I made out of it. This app is perfect for Easter and everyone will be sure to enjoy it. You can use your favorite vegetables and crackers to dip—the possibilities are endless!
I doubled this recipe because I made it for my work’s potluck so you can still make this by making one batch: just use 1 cup of mayo, 1 cup of sour cream, 1 bag of spinach and 1 packet of Knorr® mix. You can assemble it the same—just don’t take as much bread out of the bread bowl. Easy peasy! 🙂
This dip is almost too cute to eat!
3 bags of spinach
2 tsp. olive oil
Garlic powder, salt and pepper for extra seasoning
2 cups of mayonnaise
2 cups light sour cream
2 packs of Knorr® vegetable dip mix
1 bread bowl
1 cucumber; sliced
1 bag of carrot sticks
Pita Chips; optional for dipping
- Bring a medium/large pan to medium heat and add olive oil and spinach. Sautee for about 5 minutes until spinach is cooked.
- Drain all the excess water out of spinach in a colander and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Chop cooled spinach and place in a medium bowl. Add mayonnaise, sour cream and Knorr® dip mix. Stir until combined.
- For the Bunny’s belly: cut the center of your bread bowl in the shape of an oval or circle (I used an olive loaf because that’s all Nob Hill had at the time). Make sure to SAVE the top you cut because you need this for the Bunny’s face! Take out extra bread and to make a bowl out of it. Place spinach dip in bread bowl and place in the refrigerator.
- For the Bunny’s ears: cut the ends off of the baguette; about 4 inches long. Slice the remaining baguette to dip! For the Bunny’s face: use the round piece from the bread bowl and use sliced carrot sticks for the eyes and nose and a piece of sliced celery for the mouth. For the whiskers, slice a stick of celery diagonally and cut in half.
- Assemble Bunny on a cookie sheet lined with foil—place the belly, face and ears. Place cucumber slices on the bottom (for the grass), then place slices of baguettes, more cucumbers and carrots. Enjoy this cute app!