This quick breakfast is super easy and there are no tricky flips to making this omelet (unlike regular omelets) because there is NO flipping required! If you are trying to eat clean, this will work for you because this is a great combination of protein and vegetables. I first made this after traveling on a business trip this past fall and all I was wanting when I got home was healthy meals. I went to the store and bought a variety of vegetables not knowing what I was making and ended up with this breakfast omelet and this Hummus Veggie Sandwich with these vegetables. This recipe is meant to be very simple and you can top it with avocado, shredded cheese, crumbled sausage or your favorite hot sauce–YUM!
Open Faced Veggie Omelet
- 1/2 tsp. olive oil to grease pan
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. milk
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 4 thin slices of red onions
- 3 thin slices of tomatoes
- 5 thin slices of bell peppers any color
- 1/4 cup wilted spinach
- 1/2 tsp. parmesan cheese
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk until beaten. Add milk, salt and pepper. (the milk will make the eggs fluffier)
- Heat a medium frying pan and grease with olive oil. Add eggs and make sure the frying pan is covered with the egg mixture. Swirl the pan with your hand to ensure eggs cover entire pan. Place vegetables on omelet and let cook until set for 4-5 minutes. Cover with a lid and let cook for another 3 minutes to be sure vegetables are softened. Slide omelet onto plate, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and enjoy!