Make a batch of these Italian Sausage & Spinach Egg Bites for the week and breakfast will be made every morning- how amazingly awesome is that?! These are a perfect at home OR grab and go meal! I love anything that I can make in my muffin pan because they make perfect portions and the egg bites are so easy to store in the fridge.
I added crumbled Italian sausage and sauteed spinach to these bites, AKA my favorite omelette combo! These are extremely versatile and you can add which ever protein and veggies you love. Or you can totally make them all vegetarian! Some other favorites to add to these bites are ground turkey, bacon, ham, zucchini, bell peppers, mushrooms and CHEESE! These bites are so hearty they will be sure to keep you satisfied until lunch.
Italian Sausage & Spinach Egg Bites
- 10-16 ounces of Italian Sausage usually 4-6 links with casings removed; cooked and crumbled
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 8 oz. bag of fresh spinach
- 8 whole eggs
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 2 Tbsp. green onions; chopped
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook your sausage in a frying pan on medium-high heat until its completely cooked through. Drain, then transfer to a dish lined with a paper towel to absorb the excess grease.
- Saute spinach in a frying pan with olive oil for a few minutes (it will wilt quickly). Once cooked, drain the spinach and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until incorporated. Add the sausage, spinach, green onions, salt and pepper and mix together.
- Grease a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Carefully fill each muffin cup about 3/4th of the way full with the egg mixture. Bake for 18-20 minutes until fluffy. Once the bites are baked, let them cool for a few minutes. Store in an airtight container for up to a week- I bet you they won't last that long though 😉
These high protein-low carb breakfast are extremely nutritious so you can feel good about fueling your body in the morning. These are simply made with just a few ingredients you most likely already have. I rarely make the same type of egg bite because I love trying different combinations. If you are planning a brunch, these would make a great addition!
Check out some of my other quick grab and go breakfast items that will make your life a whole lot easier!
Greek Yogurt Banana Muffins