These healthy pumpkin pie bars are creamy, dreamy and delicious. They tastes just like pumpkin pie but have so many more nutritional benefits! You will want to make these year-round.
It’s pumpkin pieeeee timeeee! FINALLY. Pumpkin pie happens to be my favorite pie of all time. Although I only eat it a few times a year…every time I have a slice I always think to myself why I don’t eat it more and then I realized because well, its PIE.
I made these because…..
1. My Dad gave me a HUGE bag of walnuts and I had no idea what to do with them
2. I love pumpkin pie
These bars are made with a walnut-date base crust and the filling tastes just like pie with spicy pumpkin and I used whole grains and nutrient dense, Kodiak Cakes flour that made it extra fluffy.
These bars make a great dessert to bring to any holiday gathering! I just made another batch of this recipe this week and I keep them in my fridge and pack a few to bring to work for either breakfast or a snack!
Healthy Pumpkin Pie Bars
- For the crust:
- 10 dates; soaked in hot water for 30 minutes and pits removed
- 2 cups walnuts or pecans
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- For the pumpkin pie filling:
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil; melted
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 3 Tbsp. white sugar optional
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup Kodiak Cakes flapjack & waffle mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For the crust, combine all of the ingredients in food processor. Line an 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper and press mixture into an even layer. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile the crust is cooking, make your pumpkin filling! Whisk all ingredients together in a medium bowl. Pour over the crust layer and put back in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and let cool until pumpkin is set. I like to put my bars in the fridge to cool completely and then cut into squares.
- *Top with whipped cream or a simple icing, or enjoy as is!
These *pumpkin pie* bars are:
Tastes like pie
Rich in potassium and fiber
Packed with antioxidants
and makes the perfectly sweet treat!