These Fresh Shrimp Spring Rolls make a perfect refreshing and delicious snack! These rolls are filled with shrimp and thinly sliced fresh vegetables.
Well what can I say.. making these were an experience for me and it definitely took me more than a few times to make my rolls look decent. So don’t feel intimidated by using rice paper like I was at first. It’s actually not that difficult, I just didn’t realize how fragile they were. Once I got the hang of it, I was on a roll (no pun-intended).
Here are a few tips about working with rice paper I wish I knew before:
- The thin 9 inch round sheets are made with dried rice flour dough so it doesn’t take much water for them to become soft
- Make sure the water you submerge the sheets in isn’t too hot- otherwise it will dissolve and then you have a whole other mess.
- It only takes about 20-30 seconds for the sheet to feel soft. If a part of the sheet seems hard, it will loosen up once you start working with it.
- DO NOT pat the sheet with a paper towel once you take it out of the water. The sheet will be very sticky and moistened once it’s out of the water but it will dry quickly.
- Lay the sheet on a damp towel once removed from the water ready to be filled.