This Classic Italian Pasta Salad is bright, fresh and is packed with flavor! There are 3 different Italian meats and cheeses in this salad. This will make the perfect addition to any summer BBQ or party!
This is the easiest way to make a pasta salad if you are short on time and need to make a quick side dish or appetizer. Everybody loves pasta salad so this dish is definitely a crowd pleaser. I make this for almost any BBQ or event we go to…especially in the summer! I load this Classic Italian Pasta Salad with cheese, salami and olives. The best part about this pasta salad is I use 3 different types of Italian meats and 3 different cheeses. I used Salami, Coppa, and Spicy Capicola.. and for the cheeses I always use Mozzarella, Sharp Cheddar and Pepper Jack.
Classic Italian Pasta Salad
- 1 lb multi colored rotini pasta
- 1/2 bottle about 1 1/4 cups Wish Bone light Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese; cubed
- 1/2 cup Sharp Cheddar cheese; cubed
- 1/2 cup Pepper Jack cheese; cubed
- 1/2 cup Salami; chopped
- 1/2 cup Coppa; chopped
- 1/2 cup Spicy Capicola; chopped
- 1 can black olives; sliced
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Rinse under cold water.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl once the pasta has cooled. Add dressing and toss until all ingredients are combined.
You can make this pasta salad in advance! I actually prefer to make mine the day before because the pasta will absorb all of the flavors of the dressing. I almost always make this pasta salad with just meats, cheeses and olives but you can add your favorites depending on what you love! Another favorite salad that is pasta-less and makes the ultimate salad for a sunny summer day is my Antipasto Salad. It has many of the same ingredients- instead of pasta I use lettuce and added a few other Italian favorites.