“I received a free sample of Kikkoman soy sauce mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Kikkoman and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.”
This dish is extremely quick, easy, hearty and full of delicious flavors. The best part is I used Kikkoman’s Less Sodium Soy Sauce so I reduced the sodium intake on this! Soy sauce is rich in savory unami flavor that gives this dish a bursting flavor! This dish can be served as lunch, dinner, snack or even an appetizer by making these bite size.
This dish is light and has an abundance of fresh flavor! I used spinach and carrots as my veggie because that’s what I had in my fridge as leftovers from another recipe. However you can use other veggies such as zucchini, squash, bell peppers, kale or eggplant–the possibilities are endless! Use what you have!
Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 small yellow onion; diced
- 2 cloves of garlic; minced
- 1 cup of fresh spinach; roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- Green onions; thinly sliced for garnishing
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan on high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook for a few minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add ground turkey, spinach, carrots and ginger. Cook until turkey meat is fully cooked and browned.
- Once turkey is cooked, drain to remove access fat then put in a medium bowl. Stir cooked turkey meat with hoisin sauce, Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce and sesame seeds.
- To serve, spoon in meat mixture onto butter lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds.
If you are wanting to make more of a meal out of this, simply add cooked quinoa, rice or brown rice to the turkey meat! I like to keep it light for most of my meals but there are times where I crave those extra carbs. This dish is perfect because you are getting lean protein and vegetables–a perfect combination to eating healthy and getting the right nutrients in too.