This granola is perfect for fall and makes a great healthy snack. This recipe is filled with flavors of fall. It is also wonderful because it has pumpkin in it! Pumpkin makes fall extra special and I try to incorporate pumpkin into everything that I can–especially since there are only few weeks left where pumpkin is allowed in recipes!
Crunchy, healthy, sweet and perfect for fall!
3 cups rolled oats
1/2-1 cup raw cashews
3 Tbsp sugar
¼ tsp of sea salt
3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice (I also added an extra dish cinnamon)
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 Tbsp. honey
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix the oats, cashews, spices, sugar, and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, warm the butter, maple syrup, honey and pumpkin puree and whisk. Pour over the dry ingredients and quickly mix with a wooden spoon.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto two baking sheets (or bake in two batches) and bake for 20-25 minutes. Flip with a spatula after the first ten minutes of baking. If you prefer chunkier granola, don’t stir as it breaks up the clusters. Instead, just rotate the pans at the halfway point to ensure even cooking.
- Once the granola is golden brown (usually about 25 minutes), remove from oven and let cool completely. It will crisp up as it cools.
- Transfer to an airtight container. Should keep fresh for a couple weeks. Enjoy with as cereal, or a yogurt topper, or just as a snack!